Posted by on 3/24/2017 to Feature Friday
We LOVE using lemons at Halo Soap! They are featured in our Lemon Cuticle Butter which takes advantage of the acidity in the lemons to help break up the dry skin around your cuticles. This product has been a best seller since we started making it about 4 years ago. It's loaded with rich butters and a little goes a long way. When used just as a cuticle butter, this product can last close to a year!
Lemon Cuticle Butter is
- made with lemon juice and lemon infused water
- over 50% rich butters and oils like shea butter, cocoa butter, avocado, jojoba and wheatgerm oils
- is dual purpose for dry, rough skin and can be used on elbows and heels as well!
That isn't all we love lemons for! My favorite way to drink a refreshing glass of ice water? With lemon and honey! Honey that we get from a local beekeeper, btw :)
Here's my recipe for this delicious concoction:
- 2 cups of hot water
- 1-2 tablespoon of honey
- 1 large lemon
- 2 pint glasses
- Fill a Pyrex with 2 cups of hot water. Not boiling! The goal is to have the water warm enough to dissolve the honey. Add your honey to the hot water and mix, mix, mix until it's all dissolved!
- Take your lemon and roll it across the counter a few times to help release the juices. Cut the lemon in half. Over a strainer, squeeze one lemon half into each pint glass. Make sure you get all that good lemon juice out!
- Fill each pint glass to the top with lots of ice.
- Now add 1 cup of your warm (NOT HOT! Hot water could fracture your pint glasses) to each pint glass.
- Mix and enjoy!
Cleaning With Lemons
Are you looking for a quick, natural way to clean with lemons? Here's how we like to clean sinks and tubs:
- lightly wet the surface you are cleaning
- sprinkle surface with coarse salt
- cut a lemon in half and use it as a "sponge" to cleanse the surface
Do you have a favorite way to use lemons? Let us know in the comments!